Friday, January 18, 2013

Ladylike Plaid










     There's "something" about plaid that just speaks to me.  I'm part Scottish, so maybe it is historical.  It's just so vibrant and lively to the eyes.  This coat is at least 20 years old.  Is it vintage if the clothes are in one's own closet?  I save many of my favorite things and this blog isn't about following trends or buying new things.  I want to document the style I've been gathering throughout the years.  


coat--DKNY
boots--Coach
tights--DKNY
purse--Maxx
scarf--unknown (from the Bibelot in St. Paul)


     I have decided to match each post to one of my paintings.  I am the model for many of these works and I think a connection may develop between the fashion and art.  It has always been there, now I decided to thread the needle!



2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece, I can definitely see the connection. I look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the most amazing coats Ann. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoy hearing comments and input.